Makuta Micro Molding is dedicated to ensuring the delivery of high-precision, defect-free micro parts. These parts can be smaller than a sesame seed, or have a hole with an inside diameter as small as 20 microns, or have tolerances as small as +/- 5 microns.
The parts we deliver require:
- A meticulously clean and stable molding environment
- Strictly maintained, high-precision tooling
- Sophisticated, closed-loop process control systems that automatically reject parts should any parameter of the process exceed a predetermined limit.
- Tracking of all parameters for each shot and traceability and/or documentation to meet individualized customer requirements.
- High-precision vision systems.
In the video below, the video discusses the process control capabilities of the company’s Sumitomo injection molding machines.
- Makuta offers high-speed automated vision systems for in-process inspection of the components.
- In this clean room cell, the robot picks up 4 parts, holds each in front of the vision inspection system camera, air washes the parts and puts them in bags.
- Makuta utilizes a KEYENCE digital microscope system which allows Makuta to capture 4K high resolution images from any angle, and perform advanced measurements all with a single device.
- The Mitutoyo Quick Vision Hyper Hybrid (Model# OVX404-PRO_BL1G) measuring system produces highly accurate, non-contact 3D measurements with its camera and laser scanning sensor.