Makuta Technics Micro Molding is dedicated to ensuring the delivery of high-precision, defect-free micro parts. These parts can be smaller than a sesame seed, or have a hole with an inside diameter as small as 20 microns, or have tolerances as small as +/- 5 microns. Consequently, to ensure the quality of every part we deliver requires:
- A meticulously clean and stable molding environment
- Meticulously maintained, high-precision tooling
- Sophisticated, closed-loop process control systems that automatically reject parts should any parameter of the process exceed a predetermined limit
- Tracking of all parameters for each shot and traceability and/or documentation to meet individualized customer requirements including auditing to ISO 9001-2009 and ISO 13485 medical
- Supplemental technologies, such as high-precision vision systems as required
In the video below, Makuta Technics Engineering Manager Tyler Adams discusses the process control capabilities of the company’s Sumitomo injection molding machines.
Makuta Technics offers high-speed automated vision systems for in-process inspection of the components as needed to meet customers’ individual requirements.
In this clean room cell, the robot picks up 4 parts, holds each in from of the vision inspection system camera, air washes the parts and puts them in bags.